Terms And Conditions
Cathay/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens
Ticketing Terms and Conditions 2024
This ticket is issued subject to the following terms and conditions:
1.1. “HKCR”: Hong Kong, China Rugby. A company incorporated in Hong Kong with its registered office at Olympic House, Room 2001, 1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
1.2. “Event”: the individual event or events organized by the Hong Kong Rugby Union
1.3. “Venue”: the venue at which the Event is taking place
1.4. “Tickets”: Tickets to the Event
1.5. “Client”: the individual purchasing tickets using this website
1.6. “Guest”: each person who receives the benefit of a Ticket as a result of an invitation from the Client
2. Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Purchased tickets are issued subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Spectators must comply with the Stadia Regulation (Cap.132 sub. leg. (BY)) of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and the “Terms and Conditions of Use of Hong Kong Stadium for Major Local and International Sporting Events”. For details, please visit https://www.elegislation.gov.h... and http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/rule.... Specific attention for all spectators must:
- The right of admission is reserved by the Hong Kong China Rugby (HKCR) and the Management of Hong Kong Stadium (Stadium Management).
- Any person found with prohibited items may be denied of entry into the Stadium. Prohibited items include but not limited to plastic, glass, metal cans or bottles, anything containing intoxicating liquor, any balls, any items simulating the uniform or equipment of the disciplined services, any dangerous items, any discriminatory and political display items, any noise instruments, any remote-controlled flying devices or toys, or any other item deemed inappropriate by HKCR and the Stadium Management. A full list of prohibited items can be found here: www.hksevens.com/prohibitedite...
- To ensure public safety, the Stadium’s security staff have the authority to inspect the personal belongings of spectators entering the Stadium.
- Any costume must conform to reasonable standards of decency and should not take up more space than one seat or obstruct the full view of other spectators. Accessories that look like usable weapons are not permitted.
- Throwing objects, foul language and behaving in a disorderly manner in the Stadium is prohibited.
- No flags, banners, buntings, posters, flyers, leaflets, and/or publicity, promotional, propaganda and display materials of any kind may be displayed in the Stadium without the permission of the HKCR or the Stadium Management.
- For the sake of public safety, no beer and alcoholic beverage shall be brought into the seating areas of the Upper Levels. Stadium’s security staff have the authority to inspect the personal belongings of spectators entering the seating areas.
- No unauthorized persons shall enter the turf pitch level unless so directed by an Event or Stadium staff. Persons entering the turf pitch level without authorization will be prosecuted.
- The HKCR and Stadium Management reserve the right to remove any person from the Stadium who fails to comply with an instruction from an Event or Stadium staff.
- Ticket holder shall be responsible for the safekeeping of their digital ticket.
- Re-entry into the Stadium is allowed only with a valid digital ticket.
- Ticket holder agrees not to bring any claim or proceeding against the HKCR for any damage, loss, injury or liability suffered while attending the Tournament, except for liability that by law cannot be excluded. The HKCR excludes all liability to the holder in tort (including negligence), contract or ailment for acts or omissions of the HKCR, its employees and contractors arising out of or in relation to the Cathay/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens 2024.
- Photographs taken and video shooting within the venue may be used only for private non-commercial purposes. Publication/distribution of such photographs or videos in any media is forbidden. Making/distribution of broadcasts, commentary, news reports or statistics (by any means in any format or media including any such commentary made by mobile phone or other wireless device) is forbidden.
- Ticket holder (i) consents to the broadcasting or other distribution of images of him/herself whilst at the venue and (ii) waives on an irrevocable worldwide, perpetual basis all rights to object to such broadcasting/distribution in any media.
- Without the permission of the HKCR or the Stadium Management, ticket holders are not allowed to occupy seats with personal belongings, which will be removed by Event or Stadium staff without prior notice.
- Ticket holder agrees not to engage in any ambush marketing that would infringe the rights of those parties commercially associated with the match and/or the Cathay/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens 2024.
- A child aged 2 and under on the 5th April 2024 may enter the Stadium free of charge when accompanied by an adult with an adult ticket.
- A child aged 12 and under on the 5th April 2024 is allowed to enter the Stadium with a child ticket.
- If no play takes place for the duration of the day, the ticket holder is entitled to a full refund of the face value of the ticket for that day. Whether play takes place will be decided by the tournament director and their decision shall be final.
i. Observe and comply with the Law of the People’s Republic of China on Safeguarding National Security in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and other relevant laws of Hong Kong in relation to the safeguarding of national security (“National Security Law”); and ensure that no act or activity which is likely to constitute or is likely to cause the occurrence of an offence endangering national security under the National Security Law or other laws of Hong Kong, or which would otherwise be contrary to the interests of national security, is engaged in the Stadium.
ii. any form of unauthorized publicity, commercial or otherwise, political propaganda, racist or provocative messages appearing on flags, banners, clothing, sportswear, accessories or, more generally, on any article or equipment whatsoever worn or used by spectators, athletes or other participants in the Events is not permitted. However, this shall not apply to the identification of the manufacturer appearing on such clothing, article or equipment concerned, provided that such identification is not marked conspicuously for the purposes of advertising.
In cases where the Event is cancelled or no play takes place for the duration of the event session, the Client will receive a refund. The amount refunded will be the full ticket price less a refund handling fee and the booking fee paid at the point of purchase will be non-refundable. Whether play takes place will be decided by HKCR and their decision shall be final.
4. Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits the liability of HKCR, and/or their respective employees, agents or sub-contractors (or any other person) for death or personal injury caused by their own negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
The Client will indemnify, and keep indemnified the HKCR, the owners or operators of the Venue and their respective employees, agents and sub-contractor against all direct and indirect actions, proceedings, liabilities, damages, losses, claims and costs, expenses, demands and proceedings whatsoever arising whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with a breach of its obligations in Condition 4, or any other personal injury or damage to property caused by any act or omission of the Client or its Guests.
6. Personal Data
The Client acknowledges and agrees that the personal data provided by the Client on the site are collected by HKCR and will be entered into a database owned by HKCR. The Client hereby consents to such personal data being used for the purposes of the organisation and running of the Event (in particular in connection with the sale of the Event and any relevant safety and security measures in respect of the Event), and warrants that it has obtained the consent of its Guests in relation to the same. HKCR shall be permitted to transfer such personal data to third parties, including, if appropriate, their respective agents, for the purposes set out above. Furthermore, such personal data can be used to provide the Client with information on products, services, commercial activities, and events of HKRU.
Cathay/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens
By signing up to this platform and providing your personal information, you indicate your authorization to us collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) and the terms set out in this policy.
We will collect personal information about you from the information you provide when you register, visit our websites, subscribe to emails, and written and verbal communications. This will include, for example, your name, address, email address, phone number, teams you support, electronic direct marketing communication and subscription preferences.
- to promote the game of rugby, including the marketing to rugby members by sponsors of the game of rugby
- to provide you services, offers and/or communications associated with Hong Kong Rugby Union
- to inform you of important rugby-related information or related events
- for record keeping purposes
- to carry out market research and surveys
- to track and analyse activity on our website
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can enhance your user experience, to understand and respect your preferences and to provide details of relevant offers and opportunities where you have agreed to receive them.
In order to provide our products and services, we may, occasionally, appoint other organizations to carry out some of the processing activities on our behalf. In some circumstances, we may share your personal information with service providers who perform services based on our instructions. Our service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legislation. We may also disclose your personal information for the purposes of safety and security to relevant law enforcement bodies.
Your personal information may be provided to our sponsors and partners to further the purposes referred to above under “Use”.
COOKIES AND NON PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
In common with many other website operators, we may use standard technology called 'cookies' on this site. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
You can usually change your browser settings to prevent cookies being stored. Please note, if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you and may affect your visitor experience.
Our website may also detect and use your IP address or domain name for internal traffic monitoring and capacity purposes or to otherwise administer the website. No personal information is obtained, rather the patterns of usage of visitors to the website may be tracked for the purposes of providing improved service and content based on aggregate or statistical review of user site traffic patterns.
Hong Kong China Rugby will take reasonable steps to safely and securely store your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, use, loss or other misuse. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information you provide to us via electronic means as information sent over the internet may be unsecure.
RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
Hong Kong China Rugby may contact you to tell you about offers and opportunities that are available and about a range of other initiatives in a number of ways, including by post, telephone, text/picture/video message or by email.
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance you are entitled to access and request correction of the personal information we hold about you. You may update or correct your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you no longer want to remain on our contact list, you are able to unsubscribe by emailing us at email@example.com
1.What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device (be it a computer, tablet, mobile phone or any other device that can access the internet) if you agree. The information in the cookie can be used to track your internet usage.
2.What cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Cookie Name Purpose
Age Confirmation Age Compliance This cookie is essential to fulfil our legal obligations.
Policy Acknowledgement Policy Compliance Recognise you when you return to our site.
You have the choice to block all or some cookies on your browser or the hard drive of your computer by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 28 days.
3. Managing cookies
a. Acceptance or blocking of cookies
b. Adjusting your settings on different browsers
Each browser has a different set up for the management of cookies and on this basis we provide below (for convenience purposes only) the link for the adjustment of cookies to the four most frequently used browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
If your browser is not mentioned hereinabove, you should examine the possibilities of your browser in relation to the adjustment of your cookie settings.
Depending on the type of cookie, there are other ways of managing cookies that do not involve adjusting your browser's settings.
c. Blocking Google Analytics’ cookies
Google Analytics deactivation link: Deactivate Google Analytics
We would like to highlight that the downloaded add-on will save a cookie on your device, but that cookie will be used only to prevent your browser from transmitting data to Google Analytics.
For more information on deactivating Google Analytics and installing the browser add-on, click here: Browser add-on to deactivate Google Analytics
For more information on how Google Analytics’ treats personal information when you use Google's products and services click here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
d. Blocking social network cookies
To block cookies used by social networks (e.g. via sharing buttons), follow the instructions in the links below:
Google+ and YouTube